Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Rebuilding – Time for Strength and Conditioning

Just back from my first run in over a month and this topic is fresh on my mind. How strength and conditioning apply to me personally during this rebuilding season directly parallels the sort of strength and conditioning I have in the spirit. A little backstory - The reason it’s been over a month since I’ve ran is that I’ve been strategically and purposefully both waiting and actively working to get my medial glute operating. I’ve had a nagging hip flexor weakness, and soreness, not being able to operate with full power because of weak glutes. What I realized today on the run, is: because I’ve still been active, although my training has changed and I’ve significantly backed off of endurance sessions. I’ve still got the conditioning, I’m not far off from being at full stamina when it comes to endurance. What I’m currently lacking is the strength. I still feel my glute wanting to give out, which then starts to over work the hip-flexor.

Here’s where that scenario plays out in my life spiritually, and I may be speaking to many believers’ lives when I say that I am conventionally conditioned to God’s Word. I am acclimated, no question about it. My mind and spirit are both ready and willing to receive, hear and understand God’s Word. I have a good foundation when it comes to my spiritual conditioning. My heart has been tilled, it’s good soil.  Where I am lacking is operating in strength and power. It’s not so much for a lack of applying God’s Word to my life, but I believe it may be from not giving a concentrated focus to the proper areas. I’ve not been putting a strong enough emphasis on the areas where I’m weak. However at the same time I understand development takes time. Rebuilding takes time. Holy Spirit reminded me that, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength”. It’s true. I know that my physical strength will be renewed, and in terms of the spiritual, in order to renew something you have to have it in the first place, well, spiritually speaking my strength will be increased. But, the key in this waiting period, is actively seeking, seeking Him, seeking His presence being before the Lord actively waiting. It’s important as I get back to running again that I do as my Trainer instructs. (Holy Spirit). I must listen, there’s an obedience in waiting. I know that God could renew my strength instantly, but I also understand there is a place in the waiting that God teaches. I learn these lessons so that I can help others apply it in their lives, there’s a spiritual strengthening going on as well.

 

The strengthening process happens over time, and during that time it teaches you to be very diligent about where you’re placing your focus. What I’m saying in short is that many of us may be acclimated to Jesus’ teachings, but if we’re not seeing the power and authority that He talks about having given us, then we need to do some spiritual strength training and focus on activating those muscles that have been given to us when we were made new. Get in some strength sessions, on your face before God.  It’s time to start using our spiritual muscles. It’s both a rebuilding and a building season. Re-development and new development, this is how God’s Kingdom will both come and be restored.

 

 

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

 

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

 

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Romans 8:11

 

- for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. Matthew 23:8

 

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

 

but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8

 

And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:29

 

And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people. Acts 6:8

 

On the other hand I am filled with power—With the Spirit of the Lord— And with justice and courageTo make known to Jacob his rebellious act, Even to Israel his sin. Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rebuilding – Time for Strength and Conditioning

Just back from my first run in over a month and this topic is fresh on my mind. How strength and conditioning apply to me personally during ...